X

Bad News!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News!

RI Aquarium has officially closed its doors.
    Rich Hogan
    OSRAS Founder, Administrator
    OSRAS President 2012-Present....120g,32" Trigger sump, Supreme 9.5 return pump, jebao wp-40 (I have to add another PH) Aquamaxx Skimmer

Oh man that's too bad :/ hopefully someone else opens it up into a fish store. Its only appropriate with that big mural on the side of the building lol. John from sea creature should move there since it's bigger lol

Comment

79Gal, 30Gal Sump,Vertex Omega 150,MP10/40/10,2x AI Hydra,Jebao DC6000 return,APEXlite,Artica 1/5 HP. 29 Gal Biocube HQI,APEXjr,MP10,Hydor nano pump and skimmer,Maxijet 1200. SPS dominant

Comment

Art time to sell that sailboat and buy RI aquarium! You'll have a solid team ! My dream would be when I retire to open an exotic pet store. Not a mom and pop shop but a real exhibit store that people came for miles and miles to see and buy exotic pets...it's nice to dream!

Comment

It is a shame, I've been going there since I was a kid. Now, there's nowhere in RI that I want to shop at.
          Debbie

Comment

Online stores are slowly killing of these types of stores mom n pops have low stock if any and prices are high when it comes to us making high price purchase we all pretty much go online and find best price

Comment

Yes it's true.... doors are closed. Owner has shut down. It's not a profitable return for him. Etc.... Blah
              Last edited by BlueReefCorals; 10-16-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Undersatnd about owner not understanding the business, but instead of going crazy and trying to design a Something Fishy North End, things probably should have progressed a little slower. Didn't need that much that fast.Woody being fired put a dent in the amount of people going to the store, everyone talked about and made sure to let everyone know about it. I also heard that the building wasn't up to fire code so the insurance co, wasn't going to fully pay. It is a shame they closed I have been a customer for over 40 years. Looked to me like someone had something to prove to Kurt and went all in. I applaud Mark for spending what he spent trying to bring back RI Aquarium I think enough has been said about it and we should just let it die. So long RI Aquarium and thanks Mark for trying. Signed a long time customer and fan of Woody, Peace out All

Comment

Ryan, I think your direction was super exciting and I secretly hoped you had some interest/ability to purchase the store. Were the prices on the corals rising, yes. But it was still less than liveaquaria on many items and without the drama of losing corals during shipping. Ryan, I hope you are still in the business of selling corals.
                  79Gal, 30Gal Sump,Vertex Omega 150,MP10/40/10,2x AI Hydra,Jebao DC6000 return,APEXlite,Artica 1/5 HP. 29 Gal Biocube HQI,APEXjr,MP10,Hydor nano pump and skimmer,Maxijet 1200. SPS dominant

Comment

Originally posted by drsalomon View Post
                    Ryan, I think your direction was super exciting and I secretly hoped you had some interest/ability to purchase the store. Were the prices on the corals rising, yes. But it was still less than liveaquaria on many items and without the drama of losing corals during shipping. Ryan, I hope you are still in the business of selling corals.
                    +1
                    Debbie

Comment

+1 here too.. If I had the money I would buy the store and ask ryan to be store and operating manager.
                      Rich Hogan
                      OSRAS President 2012-Present....120g,32" Trigger sump, Supreme 9.5 return pump, jebao wp-40 (I have to add another PH) Aquamaxx Skimmer

Comment

Not interested in name or store nor building. ewh.
                        Im expanding my coral and fish holding area for two reasons, first I need more room. Secondly being able to house fish and coral longer to rid them of the unwanted. Yes, I'm going to keep on importing coral for grow out. With online store. Goal by spring is to have online site up. Domains bought but my HTML and JavaScript skills aren't up to date. I have an order coming in next week with Ruby red Dragnets and a bunch other fish. ,Australian corals should be in Rhode Island in two weeks including SPS sticks ,zoanthids,chalice, Acan lord, and scolymia. Some great master scoly pieces around !! I'm talking with a diver for some deepwater zoanthid coming out of Asia. Maybe two weeks I'll see those. They look awesome.
                        Recently I'm setting up a 350 Reef right now calibrating with a woodworker and client. I'm having a blast with this one. Huge equipment for this tank ensuring longtime success. I'll share my pics in another post.

Have a Happy Reefing day,

Ryan

Comment

sounds really exciting. Glad you are starting online business.

Comment

Im following...
                            Rich Hogan

Comment

Working...
                            X